The Bulk Invoice Utility allows vendors that have a high volume of monthly transactions to import their invoices from an Excel spreadsheet into the fmPilot system. To use this utility, vendors must first be configured for access. If you require access to the Bulk Invoice Utility, please contact your Facility Source account manager.
In an effort to ensure that bulk invoice imports are completed successfully and in a timely manner, the process of importing posted data has been scheduled to automatically occur twice daily at 9:00AM MST and again at 4:00PM MST. Invoices posted after 4:00PM MST will not be loaded into the fmPilot database until 9:00AM on the following day.
Bulk Invoice Import Utility
Use the following step-by-step instructions to import invoices and associated files into the fmPilot system for work orders that are in Pending Vendor Invoice (PNINV) status
1. Use the following step-by-step instructions to import invoices and associated files into the fmPilot system for work orders that are in Pending Vendor Invoice (PNINV) status.
2. Choose “Bulk Invoicing” from the Service Menu.
3. Under the “Instructions” section of the Bulk Invoice pop-up window, click the link to download the Excel template. When prompted, click the “Save” button to save a copy of the template to your local computer. Rather than downloading a fresh copy of the template for every occasion in which you invoice, you may choose to reuse the same template each time.
4. Complete the Excel template by entering the requested invoice information in the fields provided. This template will serve as the import file. Please be advised that every field in the import file requires an entry except for the “Notes” field.
IMPORTANT: MODIFYING THE EXCEL BULK INVOICING TEMPLATE MAY CAUSE THE IMPORT TO NOT RUN PROPERLY. TO ENSURE THAT YOUR INVOICES ARE IMPORTED SUCCESSFULLY, DO NOT MODIFY THE FORMATTING OF THE EXCEL BULK INVOICING TEMPLATE IN ANY WAY.
5. Under the “Instructions” section of the Bulk Invoice pop-up window, click the link to connect to the Supply and Service FTP site at ftp://ftp.supplyandservice.com.
6. IMPORTANT: STEP 5 IS INTENDED ONLY FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 7 USERS. USERS OF EARLIER INTERNET EXPLORER VERSIONS SHOULD SKIP STEP 5 AND CONTINUE ON TO THE NEXT STEP
Upon clicking the FTP link from the Bulk Invoicing pop-up window, you will be directed to the following browser screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to open the FTP site in Windows Explorer (Page\Open Site in Windows Explorer).
7. When prompted, enter your FTP user name and password in the fields provided and click the “Log On” button to continue.
8. Once you are logged into the FTP site, use drag and drop to copy your completed Excel import file and associated image files from your local computer to the FTP folder window.
IMPORTANT: THE FMPILOT SYSTEM WILL PROCESS ONLY ONE EXCEL IMPORT FILE PER RUN; THEREFORE, PER RUN YOU SHOULD NOT POST MORE THAN ONE EXCEL IMPORT FILE TO YOUR FTP FOLDER. IF MORE THAN ONE EXCEL FILE IS FOUND IN YOUR FTP FOLDER WHEN THE SYSTEM STARTS TO PROCESS YOUR INVOICES, THE PROCESS WILL FAIL AND NO INVOICES WILL BE IMPORTED.
9. Close the FTP folder window. You will receive a confirmation email once your import has processed (refer to page 1 of this document for processing run times).
Please be advised that invoices with errors will be skipped and not imported during processing. Any errors that are encountered during the import process will be reported in the confirmation email and should be corrected before you attempt to import those invoices again. All work orders that have been successfully invoiced will be moved to Pending Client Invoice Approval (PCINV) status.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to confirm the successful import of a single invoice from the Excel Bulk Invoicing template:
1. Choose “Update Work Orders” from the fmPilot Service Menu.
2. Use the search fields provided to find a work order number matching a given transaction in the imported Excel document
3. Open the applicable work order by choosing “View” from the “Action” drop-down box.
NOTE: The status of the work order has changed from Pending Vendor Invoice (PVINV) to Pending Client Acceptance (PCINVA).
4. Click the “Invoice” button from the “Update Work Order” screen.
5. The invoice for the current work order will appear in a separate pop-up window.
If you still have questions or need assistance please click on the below button and request help from one of our training/support specialists.